Closing date for applications: Friday 29th September 2017
Pay/conditions: £24,000 starting salary, based at the National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow 1 day a week and a co-working office space in Wadebridge for 4 days a week. This arrangement should change to 5 days based in Padstow (within a year of the post). Some work away from site will be required, as will some anti-social hours. This is a permanent contract. Annual leave for this position is 22 days per year excluding public holidays.
Aim: To lead and take responsibility for the trust and grant fundraising at The National Lobster Hatchery, to increase income and develop projects to raise revenue for the charity’s on-going work.
Skills and experience: The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent further education qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years trust fundraising experience.
- A good understanding of developing projects for funding.
- Experience reporting to trusts and building relationships with key staff at trusts and foundations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding and experience of database management.
- Full clean driving license.
- A robust knowledge of all areas of fundraising and preferably experience in at least one other area of fundraising
- An understanding of fisheries and marine conservation issues.
Summary of role:
The overarching aim of the position is to develop new and existing revenue streams for the charity’s work from trusts and foundations
- To develop projects for funding, both restricted and unrestricted for grant applications to trusts, foundations and statutory funders when appropriate.
- To work closely with the science team to understand the work, create funding opportunities, monitor and report projects for funders in a timely fashion
- To write funding applications, following funder’s specific guidelines.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key funders.
- To develop case studies for funders and to promote the funding.
- To set up, manage and maintain the fundraising database on behalf of the charity.
- Other fundraising responsibilities as identified within the positions job description.
Interview date: 11th October 2017
Start date: ASAP
For further information and to apply: Please email your CV and formal covering letter; outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role and what skills and experience you think you can bring to the charity: The General Manager, National Lobster Hatchery, South Quay, Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8BL or email firstname.lastname@example.orgShare