Closing date for applications: 13th February 2017
Interview date for shortlisted applicants: 20th February 2017
Expected Start Date: Early March 2017
Working in our busy visitor centre in Padstow, this is a part time, permanent post with a salary of £14,287 pro rata, pension and 22 paid annual leave, plus 8 Bank holiday days per year (pro rata).
The Organisation: The National Lobster Hatchery is located on the harbour wall in Padstow. The Charity aims to promote sustainability issues in coastal fisheries through programs of stock enhancement, research and education; supported by income generated through its visitor centre, corporate sponsorship, grants and donations.
Working days and hours: 3 days a week (Wednesday – Friday) during winter months (November to March) and 4 days a week (Tuesday – Friday) during busy summer months (April to October). Hours will vary according to opening hours, but are typically 9.30am until 5.30pm. The visitor centre is busiest during school holiday periods, consequently, taking annual leave at these busy times may not be possible.
Aim of the job: To help run the Visitor Centre at the National Lobster Hatchery.
- To assist and support the Senior Visitor Centre Assistant with the day to day operation of the hatchery (including supervision of temporary staff and volunteers).
- To interact with visiting members of the public and explain the mission and work of the Charity.
- To displaying, maintain stock of and sell merchandise and donation schemes.
- To collect gift aid information from visitors and input/manage that data.
- To operate equipment including tills and PDQ machine.
- To maintain visitor centre materials, IT equipment and other interactive exhibitory.
- To record sales and monitor stock levels.
- Cleaning/tidying as required.
- Assisting with other tasks (e.g. occasional web orders) as required.
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
· Experienced at working with the general public.
· Till operating experience.
· Must be computer literate.
· Some experience in supervising staff and volunteers.
· Excellent communication and organisation skills.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· An interest in the work of the NLH.
· An understanding of fisheries sustainability issues.
To Apply: Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role and what you can bring to the Charity to: The General Manager firstname.lastname@example.orgShare