SEASONAL PART TIME JOB VACANCY AT THE NATIONAL LOBSTER HATCHERY – Visitor Centre Assistants.
We are really excited to be looking for new seasonal part time Visitor Centre Assistants!
About the NLH!
The National Lobster hatchery is located on the harbour wall in Padstow. The Charity aims to promote sustainable issues in coastal fisheries through programs of stock enhancement, research and education; supported by income through its visitor centre, corporate sponsership, grants and donations.
The Visitor Centre is core to our Charity, connecting the public with our work and engaging them. We are very excited to welcome visitors back to us in 2021 and following a recent development project we are delighted to be able to offer more to our visitors.
To help our visitors have a brilliant experience we are looking to add to our amazing Visitor Centre team. Working in our busy centre in Padstow, this is a seasonal part-time post starting early/mid May and finishing at the end of October. There is a possibility of the role becoming permanent.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16th April 2021
INTERVIEWS: W/C 19th April 2021
EXPECTED START DATE: Early/Mid May 2021
Hours and Responsibilities!
Working Days and hours: The Visitor Centre is open 7 days a week and hours will vary, but will typically be 7 to 8 hour shifts between 9:00 and 19:00. The visitor centre is busiest during school holiday periods, consequently taking annual leave at these busy times may not be possible. It is estimated that hours will be a minimum of 20 hours per week (full time will be considered) plus over the busy season.
- To ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations of the visitor centre.
- To engage with visiting members of the public and explain the mission and work of the charity.
- To displaying, maintain stock of and sell merchandise and donation schemes.
- To collect gift aid information from visitors and input/manage the data
- To operate equipment including tills and PDQ machine
- To Maintain visitor centre materials, IT equipment and other interactive exhibitory
- Cleaning and tidying as required
- Assisting with other tasks as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experienced at working with the general public
- Till operating experience
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An interest in the work of the NLH
- An understanding of fisheries sustainability issues.
- An interest in Marine Conservation.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role and what you can bring to the charity to: firstname.lastname@example.org