National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow, Cornwall
Visitor Centre Assistants
The National Lobster Hatchery is located on the harbour wall in Padstow. The Charity aims to promote
sustainability issues in coastal fisheries through programs of stock enhancement, research and education;
supported by income generated through its visitor centre, corporate sponsorship, grants and donations.
The NLH Visitor centre in Padstow, is core to our charity, connecting the public with our work and engaging them
with marine conservation and fisheries sustainability issues. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to
add to our vibrant visitor’s centre team and enhance the educational experience for our visitors.
Working in our busy visitor centre in Padstow, this is a seasonal part or full time post starting late June and
finishing at the end of August, although there is the possibility of the role becoming more permanent.
Closing date for applications: 15th June 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 20th June 2022
Expected Start Date: Late June/Early July 2022
Working days and hours: The visitor centre is open 7 days a week and hours will vary but will typically be a 7 to8 hour shift between 09.00 and 18.00. The visitor centre is busiest during school holiday periods, consequently, taking annual leave at these busy times may not be possible. It is estimated that hours will be a minimum of 20 hours per week (full time will also be considered) over the busy summer season.
• To ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations of the Visitor Centre.
• To engage with visiting members of the public and explain the mission and work of the Charity.
• To displaying, maintain stock of and sell merchandise and donation schemes.
• To collect gift aid information from visitors and input/manage that data.
• To operate equipment including tills and PDQ machine.
• To maintain visitor centre materials, IT equipment and other interactive exhibitory.
• Cleaning/tidying as required.
• Assisting with other tasks as required.
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
• Experienced at working with the general public.
• Till operating experience.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• An interest in the work of the NLH.
• An understanding of fisheries sustainability
• An interest in Marine Conservation.
• Computer literate
If you would like further information or to apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role and what you can bring to the charity to: email@example.com