“An invitation to become a Patron of The National Lobster Hatchery is our way of bestowing the highest honour and appreciation on those who are willing to make the most valuable contribution to the charity’s mission.
As Chairman of The National Lobster Hatchery, I am very aware of how much the charity relies on the generosity of forward-thinking individuals, who understand and appreciate the importance of our work. Our Patrons are fundamental to the charity’s marine conservation, research and education programmes and to enabling us to help overcome the many challenges facing our fisheries.
Please consider joining us at the forefront of something that is not just incredibly important, but also extremely exciting. I look forward to welcoming you on board.”
The work of The National Lobster Hatchery is becoming increasingly important, not just to the UK but as a model for fisheries management worldwide. To date, the NLH has released over 172,000 lobsters and nearly 1/2 million visitors have been educated about sustainability issues associated with fisheries.
By joining our dedicated supporters, you can help shape the future of the National Lobster Hatchery and make a significant difference to the impact of the charity’s work. The year ahead is incredibly exciting and one that is full of both challenges and opportunities.
Why become a Patron?
As a Patron of the NLH you will be playing a very important role in helping to create future safeguards for our marine resources, seafood related industries and coastal communities. You will also receive the following benefits:
- You will become an integral part of a unique and innovative project that is utilising cutting edge research and techniques to help protect the long term future of our vulnerable marine resources and the livelihoods they support.
- A private tour of the NLH hatchery, including behind the scenes of our lobster rearing facility and a talk from the NLH General Manager and/or our students and researchers
- Your name and patronage displayed within the NLH visitor centre (optional).
- Regular updates and insights into the work of the NLH and what your donations are helping the charity to achieve.
- Free unlimited entry into the hatchery for you and your family and 10% discount on items from our ‘Little Shop of Lobsters’.
- Priority invites to the charity’s events, along with an exclusive invite to the Annual NLH Patrons’ Club social event, where you can meet and network with fellow Patrons’ Club members, NLH researchers and influential partners.
The time for action is now and by becoming a Patron of the NLH, you really can give something back. With your support we can take this pioneering project to a whole new level and significantly increase its impact and effectiveness.
To become a Patron of the NLH please complete and return the form or pick up the phone and speak to Clare Stanley, our Development Officer to discuss in more detail. We’d love to hear from you. We can also send details out in the post.