The Patron's Club.
By joining our dedicated supporters, you can help shape the future of the National Lobster Hatchery and make a significant difference to the impact of the charity’s work. The year ahead is incredibly exciting and one that is full of both challenges and opportunities.
Why become a Patron?
As a Patron of the NLH you will be playing a very important role in helping to create future safeguards for our marine resources, seafood related industries and coastal communities. You will also receive the following benefits:
- You will become an integral part of a unique and innovative project that is utilising cutting edge research and techniques to help protect the long term future of our vulnerable marine resources and the livelihoods they support.
- A private tour of the NLH hatchery, including behind the scenes of our lobster rearing facility and a talk from the NLH General Manager and/or our students and researchers
- Your name and patronage displayed within the NLH visitor centre (optional).
- Regular updates and insights into the work of the NLH and what your donations are helping the charity to achieve.
- Free unlimited entry into the hatchery for you and your family and 10% discount on items from our ‘Little Shop of Lobsters’.
- Priority invites to the charity’s events, along with an exclusive invite to the Annual NLH Patrons’ Club social event, where you can meet and network with fellow Patrons’ Club members, NLH researchers and influential partners.
The time for action is now and by becoming a Patron of the NLH, you really can give something back. With your support we can take this pioneering project to a whole new level and significantly increase its impact and effectiveness.
To become a Patron of the NLH please complete and return the form or pick up the phone and speak to Clare Stanley, our Development Officer to discuss in more detail. We'd love to hear from you. We can also send details out in the post.
Testimonial from Nathan Outlaw
“From the window of Restaurant Nathan Outlaw in Port Isaac, I watch local fishermen as they gather lobsters from their pots. For me and many like me, lobster is one of the most luxurious and enjoyable seafoods available. However, if something isn’t done to protect lobster stocks, in a relatively short time, these things will just be memories.
The National Lobster Hatchery in Padstow is committed to protecting and increasing lobster stocks but they are also conducting valuable research in marine biology and spreading their message by providing education both for those in the industry and the general public. Their commitment and dedication is unwavering and working with local fishermen, they have already made a significant contribution to the increase of lobster stocks in the area. However, the issue is enormous and not just restricted to North Cornwall. More needs to be done and if anyone can do it, they will!
I am proud to be an NLH Patron and would urge anyone who is interested in marine biology and sustainability, or who merely wants to continue to enjoy eating seafood in years to come, to support this worthy cause.”Nathan Outlaw