National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow, Cornwall
Closing date for applications: 10th March 2017, Interview date for shortlisted applicants: 20th March 2017, Expected Start Date: April 2017
Hourly paid, part time (2 days a week), permanent, to be based at the National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow (cannot work from home).
The Organisation: The National Lobster Hatchery is found on the quayside in Padstow. The Charity aims to promote sustainability issues in coastal fisheries through programs of stock enhancement, research and education. It is supported by a busy Visitor Centre, corporate sponsorship, grants and donations.
Aim: To provide pro-active, efficient and comprehensive financial and bookkeeping support to the Finance Assistant.
- To support Finance Assistant.
- Process cheques, invoices and petty cash.
- Data input into Quickbooks Accounts Software.
- Banking on a weekly basis.
- Monthly collation and summary of web orders for Amazon and Paypal.
- Follow up account related queries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
- Compiling Gift Aid Claims.
- Prepare end of year accounts to trial balance
Skills: Good attention to detail, a high level of competence in using Microsoft Excel. Experience with Quickbooks or Sage Accounting Software.
Experience: Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role
Personal Attributes: Trustworthy and able to work on your own initiative. Must be able to work as part of a close knit team. Must be able to work to strict deadlines
Desirable An accounting qualification would be an advantage
Benefits of working with the Charity
- Working for a charity and giving something back, ‘giving mother nature a helping hand to respond to modern pressures’
- Join Team Lobster, we are a fun team to work with, within a diverse and fascinating organisation (a world of marine conservation, lobster research, education, school visits, visitor centre, shop, online shop, events, fundraising).
For further information and to apply: Please send you CV with a formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role and what you can bring to the Charity to: Sarah Boothroyd email@example.com or telephone 01841 533877.